Friday 2 July 2010

Bar 4:20, Rome

If Open Baladin is a temple to Italian craft beer, then Bar 4:20 is an attempt to take the concept to the global beer scene. Looking at what they have on offer, it's like a tick list of greatest hits - Mikkeller, De Molen, Struise, Thornbridge, Moor, Pizza Port, Smuttynose. If you've ever bought beer from beermerchants.com, this is the bar that will make you feel as though you've died and gone to heaven (without all the tedious details of ceasing to live and the accompanying physical decline).

I'm not sure there's anything else to say about it. I walked there from where I was staying in Trastavere, about 20 minutes north of the bar, but you can get a Metro that will put you within a 5 minute stroll of the place. I could have happily stayed there all night, and the menu looked amazing, but I had to leave to attend a beer dinner with Leonardo di Vincenzo and Sam Calagione. Yes, I'm dropping names, and it feels naughty, but nice.

1 comment:

  1. 00:52 - The girl behind you looks nice!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification - the blog was getting spammed to bits.